About the Super Box conference and resources
Conference: Bringing Books into Play
I jumped at the chance to attend. I came away from the day inspired to do something a little different with the story books.
Lisa Williams, Play team coordinator at Gwent association of voluntary organisations, Caerphilly
Attend a Super Box conference and get training, activities, ideas and inspiration – and register for your free resources.
Take part by attending one of our free conferences this September:
- Llandudno on Wednesday 11 September
- Llanelli on Tuesday 17 September
- Newport on Wednesday 25 September
What's the conference programme?
The theme of the conference is Bringing Books into Play. This inspiring day will include:
- Research - why is book sharing is so important for child development?
- Keynote - Early years worker Julia Parry's explains how she ran an award-winning programme in Denbighshire libraries
- Best practice carousel - hear from early years workers who've used the Super Box resources in innovative ways with families
- Participative workshops - choose to attend two of the three sessions:
|Messy Play||Making Dens||
Reading with Expression
(Newport and Llanelli only)
All conferences run from 10am to 4pm, with lunch included.
Getting ten copies each of the lovely books has really helped my aim of involving my group in enjoying books together.
Nicola Manley, group leader at Groes toddler group in Port Talbot
The Super Box resources include great children's books, activty sheets and more. They're perfect for you to use to demonstrate the benefits of sharing books to parents
Each Super Box includes:
- 10 copies of We're Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen and Helen Oxenbury - English EYs book
- 10 copies of Weithiau dwi'n teimlo'n Heulog by Gillian Shields and Georgie Birkett - bilingual EYs book
- 10 copies of Baby Says by Eleanor Taylor - English Baby book
- 10 copies of Lliwiau'r enfys pi-po! (Rainbow colours Peekaboo!), DK Series - bilingual Baby book
- An A3 bilingual activity sheet for each book - with rhymes and Welsh language phrases
- Bookstart theoretical framework, which explains the research behind the Bookstart programme
- Letterbox Club in Wales leaflet
- Bringing Books to Life DVD (optional)
The books in 2013 Super Boxes are the same ones which will be gifted in Bookstart packs to families from June 2013 to April 2014. Find out more about the Bookstart packs in Wales