Super Box 2014 conference and resources
Conference: Taking the Magic of Stories Home
‘This is a wonderful insight on how such an amazing team are encouraging all people to enjoy reading & encouraging their children to start reading.’
‘Absolutely super conference – packed full of useful, relevant information & ideas.’
‘Third time I have attended & gained so much again.' ‘Good networking opportunity’
Super Box 2014 conference attendees
The most recent Super Box conferences took place in Llanelli, Llandudno and Newport in September 2014.
The theme was Taking the Magic of Stories Home and each day included:
- Research – Why booksharing at home promotes the health and well-being of young children.
- Keynote Speaker – How to engage parents in their children’s learning at home.
- Participative workshops – Developing creative sessions for your families around the 2014 Bookstart books. Choice of two out of three.
‘Super Box resources are invaluable’. ‘Totally in tune with what we do’.
Super Box 2013 conference attendees
The Super Box resources are perfect for demonstrating the benefits of sharing books to parents and each box includes:
- 10 copies of Night Night by Petr Horáček – English Baby book
- 10 copies of Ai Dyma Fy Nhrwyn? (Is this My Nose?) – bilingual Baby book
- 10 copies of Wow! Said the Owl by Tim Hopgood – English EY book
- 10 copies of Rwy'n Dy Garu Di mor Fawr â'r Byd (I Love You as Big as the World) – bilingual EY book
- An A3 bilingual activity sheet for each book - with rhymes and Welsh language phrases
- Bookstart theoretical framework, which explains the research behind the Bookstart programme
- Bringing Books to Life DVD (optional)
The books in 2014 Super Boxes are the same ones which will be gifted in Bookstart packs to families from May 2014 to March 2015. Find out more about the Bookstart packs in Wales