Apply to be an affiliate
Booktrust has had increasing interest from countries all around the world that are running, or are about to start running, similar programmes – be they large or small.
We are committed to assisting these countries in starting, developing and strengthening their scheme, and of course, spreading the Bookstart message – that you are never too young to share books or to join the library.
Once your application has been accepted, you will...
- Have the opportunity to draw on the expertise and experience of the administrators of the first national bookgifting programme in the world
- Gain access to materials and research for purchase
- Receive an invitation to Bookstart conferences (usually held every two years)
- Have the chance to be set up with other affiliated schemes
- Have your scheme showcased on our website
- Receive the Bookstart e-newsletter
- Gain the kudos of being linked to the well-established and respected national Bookstart programme.
And it's free to join!
If your overseas scheme gives free books to babies and children up to 5 or 6-years-old you are eligible to become a Bookstart international affiliate. In addition to bookgifting, you may also be promoting:
- Lifelong love of books
- Early literacy
- Child development.
Please complete the application form to tell us about your scheme. This includes details on how your scheme is run, its aims, how it’s funded, who staffs it, who it reaches and details of any evaluation reports
Once we have received, processed and accepted your application we will then send you more information on Bookstart, including how to order support materials from us.
In return, we ask all of our international affiliates to provide us with updates about your scheme on an annual basis.
Overseas visitors who would like to visit Bookstart at Book House in London may do so by prior arrangement.You would be able to spend some time with Bookstart staff and receive information on how the programme is administered at Booktrust. Please send your request via email or post – we require a minimum of two months notice for visits and you must arrange a mutually convenient date with Booktrust.
We can also arrange visits to regional Bookstart schemes in England, again with the minimum notice period given.
If you require more in-depth guidance on running a scheme, this can also be arranged for a consultancy fee – please contact us to discuss.
Please contact us for further details.