Booktrust is the UK's largest reading charity. We believe that no-one should miss out on the life changing benefits that reading can bring. Programmes such as Bookstart and Bookstart Corner help improve reading and social development for children. With over 90 years of expertise, we develop and manage reading and literacy programmes, manage literary prizes and fundraise through our Children's Reading Fund. Reading has a proven impact on educational outcomes and social mobility - which is why we embed reading for pleasure and the wonder of books within everything we do.
Director of Communications
London - SW8
Salary: £55,000 salary, plus benefits
1 year fixed term contract
As Director of Communications, you will ensure the integration of a broad communications strategy into the organisation, projecting our core messages and supporting our fundraising and business development work. Key practical deliverables will include implementation of a corporate rebranding project and lead development of our digital transformation strategy.
We are looking for an experienced and multi-skilled senior communications professional who will bring strong project and relationship management experience, excellent technical skills, a collegiate working style and a strong appreciation of our mission to encourage social mobility through promoting the value of reading.
To succeed in this varied and interesting role, you are likely to have:
- A strong demonstrable track record of delivering corporate communications strategy, including marketing and digital
- Outstanding team leadership and project management skills.
To apply for this role you should submit a full and current CV along with a supporting statement showing how your skills and experience match the requirements of the person specification. Send your application, along with a completed equal opportunities monitoring form, to email@example.com.
Closing date: 9.00am 1 December 2014
1st interview: w/c 8 December 2014
2nd interview: w/c 15 December 2014
Head of Research and Impact
London - SW8
Salary: £39,041 starting, plus benefits
2 year fixed term contract
One of our key areas of focus is demonstrating the impact reading has on educational outcomes and social mobility. We achieve this through a range of research and programme evaluation activities.
As Head of Research and Impact, you will:
- Develop and drive Booktrust's research activities and develop an evaluation framework to assess impact that aligns with Booktrust's mission.
- Manage the research team to ensure that data, monitoring and evaluation inform the design, development and delivery of Booktrust's programmes and activities.
- Support colleagues in developing approaches to assess the impact of their programmes and activities.
- Maintain a close awareness of changes and trends in public policy and research as they may contribute to the development of Booktrust's goals
To take on this varied and interesting position, you should bring robust research skills and:
- Experience of managing research/evaluation projects from inception to completion in an outcome-based environment, ideally related to education, children and families or the social sector.
- Experience of managing a research or evaluation team
- Experience of advising senior colleagues on evaluation and research
To apply for this role you should submit a full and current CV along with a supporting statement showing how your skills and experience match the requirements of the person specification. Send your application, along with a completed equal opportunities monitoring form, to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
G8 Battersea Studios
80 Silverthorne Road
London SW8 3HE
Closing date: 09.00am Monday 15 December 2014
Interview date: 12/13 January 2015
Booktrust is committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
Charity no. 313343.
No contact from agencies, please.
There are many ways to work with Booktrust and share our aim to build a literate, connected and creative society. Whether you want to join one of our successful public private partnerships or you just have a bright idea on how to inspire people to enjoy books, reading and writing, we want to hear from you.
Contact our development team on email@example.com to start the conversation.
Booktrust is an equal opportunities employer
We aim to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age or disability and that all appointments are made solely on the basis of merit.
In order that our equality policy is effective we carry out regular monitoring of job applicants, and we would therefore ask you to complete the equality monitoring form. This information will be kept centrally within our secure HR department, completely separate from your recruitment application form and will be used for the sole purpose of compiling statistical information. The information will be separated from the application form and will not be given to the selection panel. The completed monitoring form will be destroyed once the information given in it has been collated.