Bookstart supports you to enjoy books with your child from as early an age as possible.
Sharing books with your child is one of the nicest activities you can do. It develops so many skills and it all happens very naturally when you read and talk about books with your child.
Julia Harris, mum
Bookstart offers the gift of free books to all children at two key ages before they start school to inspire a love of reading that will give children a flying start in life and to help families enjoy reading together every day.
Bookstart gives you...
- Free books to share with your child to support reading every day
- Reading recommendations by age and theme in our Book finder
- Support and guidance as you inspire a love of books in your child
- An opportunity to engage with other families at fun events in libraries, children's centres and other venues
- A place to Have some fun with online storybooks, games and other activities
Find out how you can get your free Bookstart pack to share with your child.